Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

Brian Spies: Man of the Hour

Now all though this is not "postal art" these pieces by Brian Spies where sent to me here in Germany through the post and are "art", so I decided to include them here since I think Brian was one of the most interesting young and upcoming conceptual artists coming from Pennsylvania. Sadly I missed his last two show in Philadelphia where he is currently based but of course I know very well Dr. K. Malcolm Richards and Jon F. Allen who co-curated his show "Can't Find My way Home" which was up at the Hex Factory Gallery in Kensington, in Philadelphia.

I think the first time I had the pleasure on meeting Brian was at some event curated by Osvaldo Romberg at the Slought Foundation or perhaps it was some event at Osvaldo's studio. Brian's work is very impressive and one of the finest contemporary artists to come out of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, and more importantly Pennsylvania.

-David Stanley Aponte, Berlin Germany, 22.6.2012


"Station", relief print, 2012

"Stormchasers", serigraph print, 2012

"Can't Find My Way Home", digital print,  2012

"Can't Find My Way Home" (from show at the Hex Factory), postcard 2012

"Thesis" (from thesis show at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts), postcard, 2012

"Untitled", xerograph, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment