Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

YOU GOT A MAIL: from Bo Kim

Bo Kim is a performance & media artist as well as a painter. I know Bo from the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts when we both where in the masters program together. In those days at PAFA, I did a lot of collaborative projects with the painter and performance artist Jordan Graw and I remember often having meetings and discussing how much we where interested and admired the work and performances that Bo Kim was doing. Bo is a great friend and in the days of grad school she knew I liked Soju and often would bring me some.

Though postal art Bo Kim and I stayed in contact, bouncing artwork back and forth and she continues do do interesting conceptual projects and ideas with her studio practice and with postal art. The three envelopes below are the most recent ones sent to me here in Germany.

-David Stanley Aponte, Weissensee Berlin, 6.5.2013






envelope, sent 12.12.2012, Busan South Korea

You Sent A Mail, curled paper in envelope, sent 12.12.2012, Busan South Korea


Waterdrop #2, sent 13.7.2012
 "I wish this wetness will last as long as possible before arriving at Berlin. I am sending my respect for the very last waterdrop to disappear from this letter. I support its concrete existence. I support it's uncertainty.




envelope, sent 25.12.2012, Busan South Korea


24.10.2012 studio floor at Gijang South Korea, sent 25.12.2012, Busan South Korea

Untitled, plastic net bag with broken paintbrush taped together inside, sent 25.12.2012, Busan South Korea

Untitled, sent 25.12.2012, Busan South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment